Who serves on Staff Council?
The members of the Staff Council represent each division of the University and a variety of departments across campus. Membership in Staff Council is determined by a nomination process. Any University staff person may self-nominate or make a nomination of another staff member upon permission of that nominee. All nominees must have been employed by the University for a minimum of 2 years. The nomination process begins each February and is followed by an election in March or April.
- a limit of three nominations are allowed per staff member
- only regular (non-temporary) staff are eligible to submit nominations
- nominees must have been employed by the University for a minimum of 2 years and be in good standing
- self-nominations are allowed
- nominees will be screened for eligibility and confirmed as willing to serve if elected before being placed on the ballot
- staff can only vote for vacancies in their division
- elections are held in March or April each year